Comedy CentralProducer | Multiplatform Strategy & Development | June 2010 - Present
- Manage consumer-facing apps on iOS, Android, Kindle Fire, Windows 8 and Blackberry 10.
- Comedy Central app (iOS), Bellator MMA (Android, iOS), The Colbert Report (iOS, Android, Kindle Fire) The Daily Show Headlines (iOS, Android, Kindle Fire, Windows 8, Blackberry 10), Colbert's The Word (iOS, Android, Windows7), Comedy Central's Indecision Election Companion (iOS)
- Review and implement application content plans
- Work with teams using Agile and Kanban project management methods monitoring progress during each phase of development.
- Focus on MTVNE's content ubiquity digital initiatives for emerging platforms.
- Analyze product components for efficiency and scalability.
- Communicate project objectives, scope, and deadlines between technical and non-technical teams.
- Facilitate processes and procedures across departments to identify and improve high profile properties on mobile and tablet devices.
- Install & test application builds on multiple devices QAing design, content quality, proper feed logic & identifying other problems that may occur during development.
- Create & maintain procedural documentation, product specifications and style guides.
MTV NetworksAssociate Producer | Mobile & Broadband Syndication | May 2008 - June 2010
- Ensured all partner platforms (Hulu, Comcast Xfinity, Dish Network, AT&T, Verizon, MobiTV) were running with the current programming schedule for each brand's on-air schedules & marketing priorities.
- Utilized multiple Content Management Systems (Isis, Alias, PTS, & in-house) to manage content across multiple brands for Mobile Video on Demand, Smartphone applications, Broadband Syndication, Mobile Web & emerging platforms.
- Assisted with marketing & sponsorship initiatives that involve video. Ex: QR Code to video. Shazam to video & banner click-to-video.
- Encoded video into appropriate codecs & file formats using Anystream Agility Hardware for mobile & broadband platforms.
- Troubleshooted video formatting issues during sponsorships when client delivery specifications strayed from standard dimensions & codecs.
- Managed XML process for The Daily Show & The Colbert Report's nightly delivery to partners like Hulu & Comcast.
- Coordinated with Producers, Writers, Designers & PA's to ensure assets were delivered on schedule.
- Analyzed on-deck stream metrics.
- Feed quality assurance.
- Worked with Standards & Practices to ensure videos were TV-14 when required.
Iconduit Media ManagementFreelance Web Editor | October 2009 - February 2010
- Updated content on existing client websites.
- Edited Wordpress templates, html, rss feeds, analytics code, and social networking platforms
Mansueto VenturesFreelance Designer | Magazine Websites | February 2007 - January 2009
- Designed project based slideshows for Inc.com, IncTechnology.com and FastCompany.com.
- Conducted image research using stock photography resources and obtained copyright permissions for product images via Media Relations contacts.
MakeUseOf.comContributing Writer | Technology blog | April 2008 - June 2008
- Reviewed free and useful websites, freeware applications and plug-ins.
ShopwikiQA Analyst & User Interface Project Manager | Search engine | June 2007 - April 2008
- Designed, implemented and cross-browser tested changes on all user interfaces (UIs) to maintain consistency between international markets.
- Project-managed the implementation of features to the UI by coordinating with Engineers, Business Development & Executives while adhering to the development cycle.
- Utilized search engine optimization (SEO) techniques to boost website's indexing and traffic.
- Assured the quality of crawler data using in-house testing software.
- Wrote regular expressions and xpath to refine crawler parsing.
- Worked collaboratively with engineers supplying regression tests and developing solutions to recurring errors.
- Designed the logo and visual style of the Shopwiki blog and served as a contributing writer.
Freshnotes.com (formerly Knover)Design Coordinator | Search engine | January 2006 - April 2007
- Performed end-to-end usability tests including, script writing, recruiting, facilitating and reporting. Created and implemented redesigns based on usability findings.
- Managed all aspects of a large-scale photography database including acquiring, editing and importing photos.
- Maintained website content by utilizing a CMS and working closely with the Development team to implement changes.
- Coordinated the E-newsletter by formatting the layouts, designing graphics, entering content and analyzing subscriber data.
- Increased site traffic through strategic ad placement and viral marketing techniques.
- Redesigned company logo and branding.
Buttermilk Records/StudiosMarketing Coordinator | Record label & studio | February 2004 - April 2006
- Organized radio and print media campaigns for new album releases by designing and writing copy for all publicity materials.
- Developed marketing strategies through tactical ad placement in relevant media to coincide with tours and radio play.
- Administered website and maintained media contact database.
- Interacted with music directors, music editors, store buyers, distributors, ad representatives, and bookers to communicate tour scheduling, album reviews, and payments.
Packt Publishing | January 31, 2013
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results.
- Set up Mail using multiple accounts and a VIP Inbox.
- Understand Photostream and its key features.
- Discover the new iPad's suite of apps designed for the ultimate multi-touch experience .
- Launched v.1 of the shelter's website, providing web design, css and html editing.
- Foster and socialize sick and/or feral kittens to increase adoption rates.
- Shelter work: brushing, nail clippings, and lots of play.
- Exceptionally skilled with feather toys and laser pointers.
- Production Assistant on Saturday's Audioasis Show for live in-studio performances. This included the mic'ing of equipment, band research and band pre-interviews.
- Chart Reporting to CMJ
- Rotation monitoring
- New release duplication for DJ preview
- Auditioning of Digital Audio
- Maintenance of On-Air Studios and CD Library
EducationThe City University of New York | Communication & Media | August 2009 - Present
The Art Institute of Seattle | Audio Production | Web Design & Interactive Media | April 2002 - December 2005
Operating SystemsOS X | iOS | Android | Windows
ProgrammingCSS | XHTML | Regular Expressions | XPath
SoftwareAdobe Creative Suite | Final Cut Pro | Microsoft Office Suite | ProTools | Jira | Confluence | Basecamp
GeneralSmartphones | Tablets | Emerging Platforms | CMS | Project Management
Product Development | Data Structures | Feeds | Video Encoding | Digital media editing